Tuesday, April 2, 2019

What Happened to Us?

This is what Americans should be asking themselves after they elected Trump.

But they are not.

Something important happened, but they do not want to know what it was.

All I can do is repeat that statement "Something important happened, but they do not want to know what it was."

Probably it was a combination of many things, happening over an extended period of time. Nothing overwhelming about this, but it felt that way to them. Too much was going on.

Their tipping point had been exceeded, and now they were in unknown territory.

I consulted Wikipedia and found an article on Catastrophe theory. This sounded right (it had a good mouthfeel) but as it said, it was very technical.

Perhaps I needed a more powerful writing environment to cope with this, so I launched a Jupyter Notebook

Now I am trying to learn that.

No comments:

Post a Comment