Thursday, January 24, 2019

Getting off the Bus Today

This was quite a production, and I wish someone had made a video of it.

First, in Cartago, I went to the Scotia Bank and got 100, 000 of Colones (about $65). Then I got two low-caloric (but tasty) sandwiches from a sandwich store nearby. I also cashed one of my 20,000 Colone bills and got some smaller change to work with.

Then I went to a WalMart store and loaded up with groceries, that I paid for with my debit card (very handy to have).

Then I went to the Aeropost store to get my package (a Dustbuster, that you cannot get down here). The clerk was busy with a couple who had ordered some things using their Phone. They picked what they saw in their Phone, but the clerk had to tell them that idem was not available! This went on, for half an hour. Finally they found something that was available, and paid for it. They would pick it up the next week.

Then I bought a box of pizza at the Pizza Hut, with four kinds of pizza, for 9,000 Colones. And lugged all of this to my bus! I was proud of myself for being able to do this, which was not easy!,
I placed all of this behind a seat in the bus, with extra-wide spacing. And settled down for a long ride.

I was feeling hungry, so I ate one of my sandwiches.

When I got to where I wanted to get off in Orosi, I pushed the box of pizza between the rows of seats, with some help with the occupants of those seats. The bus drive stopped the bus, and helped me get off the bus with all my packages - handing them to a woman who was waiting to get on the bus. The people down here, do help the elderly (which I greatly appreciate).

Ray got some of my pizza, which he enjoyed, And I got some for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment