Saturday, January 26, 2019

People can be Other People's Pets

I never realized this could happen, until I saw it happening for myself.

An American has been adopted by a Soda (a kind of fast-food eating place, down here). Actually he has been adopted by the owner of the place, a woman who wanted to learn some English from him.

He only spoke English, and showed no interest in learning Spanish. He paid her a little - and in return he got a room to live in, some food, and got his laundry washed. Not a bad deal.

The last time I visited this Soda, I was the only person there. But soon the American showed up, and sat down next to me. They probably went back to his room, and said "Hal is here!" And he promptly made his appearance, and started talking English, to no one in particular.

No comments:

Post a Comment