Saturday, June 1, 2019

I Hate You

I find myself saying this sometimes with great vehemence. Since I am trying to understand myself, I then try to understand what I just said. And the results have surprised me.

Two beings are involved in this statement, an "I" and a "You". And it is not hard for me to understand who they are. The first one, the "I" is God. The second one, the "You" is People. God is condemning his people, in no uncertain terms.

Statements like this are common in the Hebrew part of the Bible, what Christians call the Old Testament. And with the later parts of the New Testament, which predicts the end of mankind at the hands of a wrathful God. The favorite part of the Bible for Evangelicals.

People have always liked playing God, and pronouncing judgment on other people. And I am no exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment