Monday, June 10, 2019

Merging the Technical with the Human

This one of our basic problems, we are humans (some kind of animal) and we are technical (some kind of machine).

The animal part of our nature cannot change very much. But the machine can change rapidly.

In the last four hundred years or so, our machine has changed from the Steam Engine to the Computer. And this has caused huge amounts of emotional distress.

I am struggling with this conflict myself as I am learning to program. This technology is advancing rapidly, and part of me wants to advance rapidly with it. And part of me wants to go at a slower pace, and enjoy my newer self.

I am a curious mix of animal and machine. Especially the kind of machine that understands itself.

This is now called Artificial Intelligence (AI) and we live in dread of it, and the fascination of it - always wanting to make it better!

No comments:

Post a Comment