Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Working Together

This is the most basic problem the Human Race has ever had. And it has never been very good at solving it - or even recognizing that this is a problem it has.

This also applies on a smaller scale - the Family, where cooperation between family members is minimal - or even destructive. Especially of the children.

The quality of family life can be most easily seen in the success (or failure) of its children. This is why I had none - I knew I would be a bad parent. And Beth, my wife, who had a similar background - agreed. This was perhaps the only smart decision we made in our marriage of five years - no kids!

My siblings, however, had to have children - who did not do very well. Which was not noticed, because everyone else's children were not doing very well.

Which brings me right back to the overall problem I started to write about - we cannot work together - and we do not seem to want to.

This most clearly seen in our political life - our governments cannot function very well. Laws are hundreds of pages long - laws no one can understand, and simply do not work.

We live in a global world, that is not working! This is such a horrible situation - no one wants to know about it.

And so they say, as loudly as they can "Nothing bad is going on!"

No comments:

Post a Comment