Thursday, November 30, 2017

We Assumed our Future would be Wonderful

The we I am referring to was Beth and I, in 1965, when we got married, in Jew York City. We weren't alone - most Americans back then felt the same way - we had a brilliant future ahead of us.

What went wrong?

We had no idea what was really going on - and these hidden forces did us in.

I saw this most clearly in Beth's emotional problems - but my own were not much better. After all, I married her, and I never left her - she ended up leaving me, instead.

The hidden forces I referred to, were from both of our families. Both of whom were considered wonderful.

When we called the local church, told them who are families were (they belonged to the same small church), and told them we wanted to get married - they agreed immediately, and said they would arrange a wedding ceremony, right after the preaching service the next Sunday morning. Then they took us out for lunch, took up a collection, and gave us $45!

If they could have seen what happened in the next five years! But maybe it is just as well they couldn't see what happened. We had our problems, but America had even bigger problems. And the combination killed Beth (she committed suicide).

I survived, but had to leave America to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment