Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Money is In Control

I remember how relieved I was on my first trip to Costa Rica - I was somewhere where people were still important! They didn't have much money, but there were plenty of people - everywhere!

I was to find this was not the case in Nicaragua, to the North - or Panama, to the South. Costa Rica had an unique history, that made it different. But this precious heritage is was being attacked by those who prefer money to people.

I can understand, why they need money, and need it desperately. Money gives them all the good things of the world. And they cannot see the disadvantages that come with it.

If asked, do they want Costa Rica to be like the US, they will answer "Yes, and the sooner the better!" They will say this, if they have never been to the States, themselves.

If they have been there, and gotten a good feel for what life is like there - their response will be less enthusiastic And quite often, they will return - saying they have to take care of their aging Mother, or a similar excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment