Thursday, August 16, 2018

The Decision to Not Be

The people who make this decision, think they are being very smart. They think they have made the best decision possible - without seeming to have made a decision at all. They are supporting things as they are - without having the slightest awareness of what they are.

I saw this for myself, the last time I visited the States. I lived with a cousin, and his wife  - in Northern Virginia, part of the DC area. The first thing I noted about their lifestyle - was how much money they had, they were floating in it!

Without having the slightest awareness of where this money was coming from, or how it was being used. That, they thought, was none of their business. Somehow, things were working fine - and it was best to leave them alone.

I did not get along with my cousin and his wife. We were too different, and our differences could not be reconciled. They could not even be discussed. They had one unwritten rule - no serious discussions!

No comments:

Post a Comment