Tuesday, August 14, 2018

My Humerus has Healed

The Humerus is the upper bone in the arm. If you break it, you have to immobilize your entire arm for five weeks. Believe me, this not much fun - you have to wear two gadgets, one to keep you arm from moving, and one to hold your arm to your chest.

Ray and I went the hospital, to get my arm x-rayed again, to see if it was healed. What a hassle!

The clerks there work with huge stacks of paper, all carefully organized. Stacks of paper an inch thick. When they are finished with them, they put them on the top of their desk, and someone else appears, like magic, and takes them somewhere else - where they will be properly taken care of. Or perhaps, forgotten entirely. Who knows?

At this hospital, the Orthopedic doctors are in complete control. They have to approve the taking of an x-ray, and then approve the results. Both times. there is a long line, waiting to see the doctors. And of course, a long line waiting, at the x-ray department.

The bone has healed. but the muscles in the arm have deteriorated badly. And now I have to strengthen them.

But I can now take a shower every day, and keep my BO under control!

No comments:

Post a Comment