Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Moving CAJA online

CAJA is Costa Rica's public health service. It provides basic health care, at a low cost.

I recently used it to repair a break in my upper arm. But this required the generous assistance of my friend Ray, who is fluent in Spanish, and who spend many hours navigating the hierarchies of the nearest hospital, in Cartago.

It decided I needed Physical Therapy, to help me recover from this injury. But to get this, Ray and I would have to go through the same senseless routines we went through, the first time around.

But Ray has a job, and cannot lose this much time, again. What we needed to do, was to inform the hospital, that we could not use this service, at this time. And cancel my appointment, or move it to another time.

But this cannot be done with a phone call or email!

This is one of the ways, Costa Rica is still an undeveloped country.

No comments:

Post a Comment