Friday, November 23, 2018

A Chronicle of Life and Pain in Upstate New York

NY Times Magazine

This story reminds me of life in my hometown of Ft. Madison, Iowa. They were both Industrial cities that lost their industries. But the situation in Troy, New York was much worse - half the town ended up in jail.

People will ask me "Why are you so interested in this horrible stuff?" All I can say is "Because that is the dark underground current, that is running our society. You have to look at the lower layers of iceberg, not at what is showing at the top."

I first viewed it on my Fire tablet. But I could not zoom there, which make it useless,

I downloaded it for display on my Kindle for PC app. This gave me a full-screen display, and allowed me to zoom vertically, but the right side of the zoomed display was not visible. All in all, it was a big improvement, and I spent hours looking at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment