Saturday, November 24, 2018

Good Coffee smells Good

The last time I bought my favorite coffee (Rey Selecto) I made a mistake and bought the whole grain coffee, instead of the ground. So I took it to the local Coffee Store, and asked the owner to grind it for me.

He opened the bag, and carefully sniffed it, several times. And told me (in English) that it was good coffee! I was impressed, because he judged my coffee to be as good as his coffee. Even though it is mass-produced, and cheaper.

When I last visited the States, I went with my cousin to Starbucks store, I noticed he was unhappy going there, because we had to walk there, and not use a drive-in - which to his way of thinking, was the right way to buy things. I also wanted to taste their latest blend - and that was not what he was interested in either.

For him, other things were more important than the taste of his coffee. What these other things were he could not say, and did not want to say - but he knew what they were, instinctively. They were part of what any successful American knew.

To be fair however, I must also say. that many Americans are very knowledgeable of the coffee they use. Udemy has a course called Coffee Cred, that will make you an expert on this. And I am taking this course.

No comments:

Post a Comment