Saturday, November 3, 2018

Judy Chicago, the Godmother

NY Times Style Magazine

I read this, while having low-fat Spam for breakfast. It was delicious.

I cannot same the same for this article. I am not into Art, or stuff that claims to be Art - so reading it was a bit of a chore. This woman is prolific to a fault - I can say that, for sure.

I came from Illinois, but downstate Illinois. Chicago was foreign territory, and continues to be foreign to me. She has not exhibited there, one of the few cities has not been in. She has just taken its name.

I grew up in the Midwest, a big part of the country that has now become a Rust Belt. And has no idea what it is.

No one I know there, will bother to read this. And I am not going to urge them to.

Ignorance, in this case, is bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment