Thursday, November 29, 2018

STDs in Sri Lanka

WIRED - the Era of Cheap STD Treatment is over

This story happened when I was living in Sri Lanka in the Seventies. I knew nothing about Sexually Transmitted Disease, but I was going to find out for myself - by getting one.

I was a young man who was eager to have sex, with anyone - and I knew nothing about safe sex, No one had ever told me about that.

I had sex with a woman, who must have had a number of STDs, and I contracted one of them from her. I saw a number of doctors in Sri Lanka, and they had no idea what was wrong with me!

So I returned to New York City, and visited a clinic there. They knew what was wrong with me, and gave me a shot to take care of it - for free!

This did not fix the damage that had already occurred to my left knee, and I had to live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment