Monday, March 18, 2019

Making a Life of Your Own

For most people this is impossible. They don't have a life of their own and don't want one.

They usually settle for an imaginary life, that is not satisfying but is safe - no one can take it away from them.

In primitive cultures, they solve this problem by not having individuals. everyone is surrounded by his family or tribe, all the time. But this limits the size of their groups to about 100.

Did I have a life of my own when I was growing up? Good question.

I went to college, became an Electronic Engineer, and made good money. I was a success, and for most people that was all that mattered. But I knew, deep down, this was not enough.

I got married, but Beth had the same problem. She could not be a loving wife. and had a mental breakdown instead. And a few years later, killed herself.

I have seen this problem surface in many people's lives (as a problem they cannot solve). And even in the life of nations, such as the US and the UK.

It is a problem in our global society. We cannot increase its size, without causing huge problems. 

No comments:

Post a Comment