Saturday, March 30, 2019

People and their Tools

People have always been toolmakers. And in the last one hudred years, or so - this toolmaking process has been greatly accelerated. Until it sometimes seems our tools are making us.

I am taking Introduction to TensorFlow for Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning.  And the first video is Introduction: A conversation with Andrew Ng.

These guys are extreme examples of this process at work. And frankly, I am worried about them. Will they survive this process? This is dangerous territory, and it has been the end of many people.

In fact, many people have opted out of it, and have ceased to exist, as persons.

I have been carefully trying it. dipping my toes in the water. So far, my toes are still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment