Thursday, March 14, 2019

My Miserable Childhood

When memories of this come back to me I get diarrhea.

But I am lucky in a way - this means I can remember part of my unhappy childhood. My siblings can remember very little of theirs, And this is true of most Americans - they live miserable lives but are not aware of this.

And not just Americans, most Europeans also - any affluent country (now including China). Affluence was produced by the Industrial Revolution, that caused huge inequalities inside countries, and between countries. And between parents and their children.

This last inequality is the most important. And is something I don't see in Costa Rica where I now live. Adults enjoy helping the young - so much so, they will borrow someone else's child so they can take care of it. Pre-schools are common and very active.

No comments:

Post a Comment