Sunday, October 13, 2019

DevOps

As I continue blogging, I can see my subject matter is the relationship between software development and ordinary human life.  There is one!

And my primary resource is Wikipedia, which thinks this subject is undeveloped! And goes into great detail explaining why it feels this way. 

I can remember how Amazon was one of the first to push this, by seeing how software development proceeded in stages. First, it is developed, it is written/ Which like any writing, can be a lot of fun.

The developers used to then through it over the fence and let the poor operators live with it. Any software that is newly written has bugs in it, and they have to fix it. This they do not like to do and to keep them happy they get to do some developing too.

And every software company is now doing DevOps, even tho is painful. There is still pain, but it is being spread around.

No comments:

Post a Comment