Friday, October 11, 2019

The California dream is over. What comes next?

Washington Post

I wish you could feel the irony of my situation. Like many Midwesterners, I fled to California in search of the brilliant new future, I knew was out there.

The life I found was a disaster. But that disaster was so mundane, it was happening to so many people, no one wanted to hear about it. This writer is fortunate: he writes for the Washington Post, and he has a secure job at the University.

I left California because I could not stand it anymore. The people there did not like other people, and I was a person. Yes, it was that simple.

I moved to San Jose, Costa Rica, where people were friendly when they were not robbing you. I then moved to Orosi, where crime is not a problem.

My problem now cannot be expressed easily, but I will use one phrase for it: poor infrastructure. That is most directly expressed in their banking system.

I can only say: "The Orosi Dream is over. What comes next?"

No comments:

Post a Comment