Sunday, May 12, 2019

How I Spend my Money

I need to get this problem under control, and the first thing I can do is find out where it is going,  What category of expenses they fall into.
,
I have a Wells Fargo bank account, and it keeps track of each time something gets taken from that.

Medical expenses I don't have much control over, except for medical insurance once a month of $6, to the Costa Rica public health service (CAJA), a real bargain! I see my dentist once every three months, and that costs me $4, (in cash) another bargain. But sometimes she orders some Xrays from another company that set me back 22 dollars. I had to buy new glasses that cost 189 dollars.  I also get a few meds from my local pharmacy.

All this I pay for with my Wells Fargo Credit Card. People love that thing! For them it represents money, and they assume I am a rich Gringo that has much more.

Food I buy locally, in cash. Or once a week at a Walmart store in Cartago, the nearest large town, using my Credit Card. Food is not a big expense.

I take online courses, that are usually free, but some of them cost me $50 a month.

I buy books, usually the Kindle edition, but an expense most people do not have because they do not read!

I do support a number of charities. that cost me $5 a month. This is not much, but they do add up. The people behind these are always disappointed that I don't give more!

The problem for my bookkeeping is that my financial commitments occur at random intervals.



No comments:

Post a Comment