Saturday, May 4, 2019

Why was I a Bad Person?

Because everyone else was. And still is.

Perhaps that is putting it a bit strongly, but it would certainly be accurate to say that most people are.

And for the best of reasons. Because people always have been.

The best example of this was the ancient Romans. Who gave us an example that lasted until recently, with the advent of the Modern World.

Although it would be more useful to begin our account a little later, with Industrialization. Or you may prefer to speak of Capitalism. The two terms overlap.

We can also speak of the masses and mass production, beginning in 1930, that had the biggest effect of all. And produced a general public with little social awareness.

I am reading an online article about GM's closing of its Lordstown plant. The formatting of this uses the latest tricks, but it cannot cover up the basic fact. The economy no longer needs these people.

The article makes you realize these are real people, maybe not the brightest of people. but not bad people.

I went through the same crisis when I lost my engineering job in 1990. I became financially irresponsible and used up all my credit.

This was bad, but I didn't give it a second thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment