Thursday, May 9, 2019

Self Hate

Once again, I am asking myself "What is wrong with us?" The same question we have been asking ourselves for thousands of years. Or at least some of us are asking that. Perhaps one percent of the population.

The 99 percent are saying many things, but they do not believe in questioning the way good people (such as themselves) are.

But there are people who feel differently and do question the way other people are. How a society treats these dissidents is important.

I was working in Silicon Valley in the Nineties, where I did not fit in. The hatred I felt because I did like their high-tech hustle, was considerable.

This self-hatred did not last, fortunately. As can be seen in one company, Microsoft. In the Nineties, it was the Evil Empire. Now, twenty years later, it believes in helping people. Really!

But this is still one percent of the population. Hatred is still endemic elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment