Sunday, May 19, 2019

The Budget

My family cannot understand why I don't have a budget and stick to it. They have one, and cannot understand why I do not.

They have a cash economy, they can open their bag of cash, and tell you immediately how much is in it.

I use cash also. When I buy something at the local supermarket, I pay for it in Colonies (bills and coins). When I buy meds at my local pharmacy, however, I use my handy credit card. I use cash and credit.

The money from my credit card gets taken from my Wells Fargo bank account in the States.

I subscribe to periodicals, such as the New York Times, and this gets taken from my bank account, at what seems like random intervals. I read it online every day.

I also buy books (sometimes Audible books) using my credit card with Amazon. I read, something unusual for most people.

I also support many charities (such as the ACLU) with small payments (usually $5, every month) These also occur at random intervals.

I have a credit economy, in addition to a cash economy. This is a common situation, but my family seems to find it unusual.

No comments:

Post a Comment