Friday, May 24, 2019

Spanglish

I am reading Spanish for Gringos, and the first chapter is about this - pretending you can speak Spanish, and getting away with it. Because the other person is pretending to speak English. and you are helping him get away with that.

This is much easier if the other person is a woman. You just have to smile at her, and she has to smile back. Easy!

It also helps if you are smart. I met an American guy when I was living in San Jose. He told me he had met a woman in a park there (she walked up and grabbed his crotch with her left hand while grabbing his wallet with her right hand).

When he realized his money was gone he complained to a policeman, who happened to be nearby, saying "That woman stole my money!" The policeman replied, "That wasn't a woman, it was a man!"

No comments:

Post a Comment