Saturday, May 11, 2019

The Antisocial Society

I am hardly the person to complain about this because there are times when I am antisocial myself. Very antisocial.

And this is true of most of us: we have been treated badly, and we are only getting even. And we can see nothing wrong with this.

In fact, we are ethically blind and intend to stay that way. Being ethical takes too much thinking, that we are not used to. I have to ask myself why I avoid women sexually, is this really necessary?

I can see no way out of this. Large social changes are difficult and require large social commitments to make them. And I can see nothing this large on the horizon.

We live in a society that is technically advanced, but morally deficient. And the best we can do is be aware of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment