Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Microsoft Does Not Like Me

I had a free account on the Microsoft cloud, Azure. I intended to get around to using it, someday. But today, my Azure account was cancelled, because I had violated its User Agreement!

Google, by contrast, still wants me - and will help me get used to its Go language, Containers, and Machine Learning tools. I was reluctant to get in bed with Google, because I am not that great a software developer.

Just the kind of developer Microsoft had gone for, quite openly. It told companies they didn't have to hire expensive developers - they could hire cheap ones, and save a lot of money. And still produce software products that were sensational. You didn't have to be smart - you just had to believe in Microsoft!

I tried to believe in Microsoft - but Microsoft did not believe in me. Its gotta work both ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment