Monday, July 22, 2019

Do I Like Things, the way they Are?

For most of my life, the answer to this question would have been No, and I would have good reasons fot feeling that way. Everything (almost everthing, especially my parents) was treating me badly.

Any therapist I had (and I had a few) should have started by asking me this question. None of them did.

This was a blind spot for our culture, and the only way out of it, for me, was to switch cultutes. I moved to Costa Rica. But this did not solve my problem because most of it was in me!

What did solve my problem? I wish I knew, but I can say honestly that it has been solved whenever I put my mind to it, and concentrate on my body, that is good.

And at the same time, be aware that much of the world outside of my body is not good.

I have to remind myself that I am not like it (or them).

No comments:

Post a Comment