Sunday, July 28, 2019

What happened to the RLDS church?

I grew up in the Church but left when I graduated from the U of Illinois, in 1959. I was the only person in my family to do so.

Fifty years later, I starting asking my family "What happened to the Church?" And could get no answers that satisfied me. This posting attempts to answer that question. 

Basically it self-destructed, as churches often do. And was replced by another organization called the Community of Christ, with a different leadership. RLDS members and RLDS property were automatically transfered to the Community of Christ church.

This church did not clarify whether or not it was a Mormon church. And a number of members left because of this (and some other reasons) and formed their own churches.

I will not go into the details of this self-destruction. but it did happen.

And left the LDS church in a much stronger position.

No comments:

Post a Comment