Thursday, July 18, 2019

Mechanical vs Emotional

I continue to comment on today's world, using what I have in my mind. This includes reasoning abilities and emotional responses.

I seem to have fairly high emotional intelligence. Which has helped me understand my culture, but has not made me one cent.

I have a theory of how we have developed. This began with a social event we refer to as Industrialization or the Market economy. Or what I think of as the dominance of the Machine.

The Machine had a huge impact on us. It showed us a different way of being, a mechanical way of being, that we could not resist since it made us feel more powerful when we actually became weaker. We became servants of the machine.

One of the earliest machines built the pyramids of Egypt, that we still marvel at.

The machines of the 19th Century were the Steam Engine, powered by Coal. These were too heavy to be used by airplanes but were ideal for Railroads and Steamships.

This was followed, in the 20th Century, by the Internal Combustion engine. powered by Oil. That now powers everything on land, sea, and air.

We now have missiles, that have taken Man to the Moon. And are also used in ground-to-air combat, air-to-air combat, and any combat you can name.

The latest machine is the Computer, which is still being developed but has had the biggest impact of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment