Tuesday, July 23, 2019

We are all Products of Dysfunctional Families

This is the basic assumption we all should start with, but few do.

I just looked up Dysfunctional Family on Wikipedia, and approved of its description.

In fact, I would enlarge on the social groups it applies to and say it applies to entire cultures.

In the last therapy group I was in, in Silicon in the Nineties, we all were comfortable talking about our dysfunctional families. but not in talking about how dysfunctional Silicon Valley was. This was how we made our money, and we did not want to endanger that.

Software Developers have applied this notion to Software, and have found it useful in a number of ways. A module of software can either function, or not.

I have recenty been the victim of an upgrade to Windows 10. After I installed this, many apps on my Laptop stopped working correctly, and I lost a lot of information.

This was the equivalent of Murder on a large scale - or War, in our time. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment