Monday, July 8, 2019

The Few and the Many

I have noticed (and many others have noticed also) that any population of People can be easily divided into those that are retarded and those that are advanced,

I noticed this when I worked in a Gold Mining camp in Nome, Alaska one summer.

Most of the dormitories were for Eskimos, who were clearly retarded and drunk much of the time. By contrast, we had an Eskimo who worked in our office, and whose brother was the first Eskimo to graduate from the U of Alaska.

But one building was reserved for the Whites and the Advanced Eskimos. Our Advanced Eskimo was Meesha Charles (he kepi his Eskimo name), He was the Blacksmith for our camp, and could read and write English.

We worked 9 hours a day 7 days a week. The hourly rate was not much, but the hours made up for it.

When I went back to college (I studied Electronic Engineering at the U of Illinois) I didn't have to work part-time all year.

No comments:

Post a Comment