Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Seizures

You do not want to have these, believe me. They are the worst.

You lose consciosness, fall down, bruise whatever hits the ground, bleed copiously, and cannot get up. You are a complete mess.

They will put you in an ambulance, take you to a hospital, put you in a wheelchair., and ask you a bunch of questions. And then tell you, you have had a seizure.

This makes the doctors feel better, but tells you nothing about reducing the risk of having another one. Which will happen again.

I have learned how not to have them, by paying careful attention to how my body feels.

I am now subject to Vertigo attacks instead, which I can avoid by slowing down whenever I start to feel dizzy.

I now have to walk slowly, and for short distnces. Riding a bicycle is out of the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment