Sunday, April 22, 2018

My Yemenren Digital Audio Recorder

I liked the price, $30 from Amazon. But the User Manual was a shock, it was so tiny - and there is no online manual. The screen is so small, you need a magnifier to read it.

You have to start with the User Manual, and the labels printed on the device - and figure out the rest for yourself.

The power switch does exactly what it is supposed to do - turn it On and Off. It has to be On, before you can charge the battery - via the USB cable, that you can plug into any charger. 

The Record/Save switch does just that also. You cannot press on it, as the manual claims, to stop and start recording. I make many small recordings, saving each of them to a separate file. It has two microphones, and records them in stereo, in the WAVE format, that my Windows 7 computer has no problems with.

Once I upload the audio files, using the USB cable, I can listen to each of them with the Windows Media Player, delete the ones I no longer want, or send them to other people. Or I can play them on this device itself - more about that later.

The track select switch, switches between audio files.

The Volume switch raises or lowers the volume during playback.

The Mode switch switches between the Record and the Play modes. and changes the screen to reflect this change.

I tried to make a photo of the different screens, but could not. You need a special camera to do this. You will need a magnifier to look at them - as I said before.

You can delete a recording on this device, but the process is complicated. You have to do a long press on Volume switch, then select No, Yes, or Delete - using the Track Select Switch, and then confirm this selection, using the Play button!

There are lots of other settings, but I have not bothered with them. I only use this for recording my personal notes - and it works fine for that.

Recording my ideas, as they come to me - makes even more ideas pop into my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment