Friday, April 6, 2018

The Strange State of Not Being

"To be, or not to be, that is the question!"

In Shakespeare's time, this could be a question. Today, it is better thought of as a situation - that strongly influences most people in the world. They are told "Do not be!" And therefore, they are not.

And this is a one-way change - once made, it cannot be reversed very easily. To speak of being, to them - means nothing. They have no idea (not even a feel) of what that is.

I made this mistake myself, back in the Nineties, in Silicon Valley. A revolution in Software Development was in the making - but I did not become part of it. This could have become the new me. But I did not get on board.

I did notice that the programmers I was working around, did not know what they were doing. But it did not dawn on me, that another way was possible - and it was being developed rapidly.

And this split into two approaches would widen even more - into those who wanted to make it work, and those who did not want to make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment