Sunday, April 15, 2018

People Know They Should do Some Things - but Don't

They also know they should not do some things - but do them anyway. Two sides of the same coin.

This is so common an occurrence, it is usually not remarked on. I have done this plenty of times, myself.

A prime example, was my marriage of five years - that didn't have a chance of working. Both Beth and I thought some miracle would happen. It didn't. We tried to do the impossible, and failed.

I don't know what was going on in her mind, but I know what was going on in mine. I thought this was my only change for love, and I was not going to miss it!

My life up to then (I was 29 years old) had been devoid of love. My parents did not love each other, and they did not love their children. They did not consider this necessary, or even desirable.

Something similar was probably going on in Beth's mind also. She was also desperate.

Beth was worse off (she broke into a nervous rash) and I took her to a therapist. He asked "Is this therapy only for her, or for both of you?" If I had any sense, I would have said "Both of us!" And would have made sure, that we worked on our problems together.

Beth would have made this impossible, and would have agreed to a divorce - reasonably enough. She did not want to hurt me - but as things turned out, she hurt both of us.

And ended up killing herself.


No comments:

Post a Comment