Monday, April 2, 2018

The Best I Can Do

The best I can do, is not help other people destroy themselves.

It amazes me, how people do not take destructiveness seriously. They even  seem to think - it does not exist! Even though it has happened many times, to many people - individually and collectively.

And is the case in our world, right now - it is destroying itself.

My case in point is the Computer Industry, in the Eighties and Nineties - in the last century. Companies were being destroyed (and destroying themselves) at an incredible rate. I compared it to mushrooms growing on manure.

At the same time, the Computer (its hardware and software) were maturing at an incredible rate.

Both were happening at the same time!

Allow me to return to a previous statement - the world is destroying itself. This is obvious, in many ways - but in less obvious ways, it is making itself better.

We are not talking about one world here - but many worlds. All going in many directions at the same time.

Let me enlarge on that, there is only one time - but many things going on, in many places, at that time. Some places are getting better, and some are getting worse.

With your permission, I will get personal, and recall my five years, with my beautiful, but crazy wife, Beth. She destroyed herself, in gradual stages. She had the best therapists I could find, but all we could do was watch her get worse. I survived, but she did not.

No comments:

Post a Comment