Sunday, April 29, 2018

What Happens to a People Determined to Not Know?

I really have no idea, but I am going to find out, pretty soon. Because America is this way - and is moving rapidly toward this unknown destination.

The easiest place to look, I thought, would be at the Economy. Money has to be expressed in numbers, and numbers I could understand - I thought. I bought The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine.

To my surprise, I found that money was not the abstract value I thought it was. It is human, and as emotional as anything can be. This should not have amazed me, the Business Cycle has always had a huge effect - and it has always been based on what people thought was going on, not was was actually going on. If they panicked, the Market panicked. Booms were always followed by Busts.

If people do not want to control their destination, something else will do this for them. And this something else is hard at work - and is not treating us kindly, since it is not interested in us, at all.

The future does not look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment