Wednesday, December 19, 2018

People do not Want to Change

Even if the way they, are is killing them.

I remember this clearly from the five years I was married to Beth. A beautiful, but crazy woman. I was crazy too, or I would not have been with her for that long. But I was able to change - not very much, but enough to stay alive.

She had a complete mental breakdown, and was committed to an insane asylum in the Santa Barbara County Hospital. I got to see what they were like, from the inside out - and believe me, it was not a pretty picture.

She did not stay there long, but she never changed - and three years later killed herself. Nothing anyone could do, could change her.

Her story was dramatic, but not unusual. It is normal, for people to not want to change.

And it is normal for them, to take this to extremes - and not just kill themselves, but lots of other people as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment