Friday, July 17, 2020

Self-destruction

A self-destructive person is not aware of this - or much of anything else. 

When did this start? It must have existed when Buddism started, which was quite a while ago. And has intensified since then. 

So what we should be talking about is a situation that is getting worse -  quite rapidly. 

I might as well get personal about this. I was living in Silicon Valley, where everything was happening at once, it seemed. Bur where People were not as important as Computers. 

I could see how important Computers were, I was no dummy, but I could also see people were more important. Not so with everyone else, they thought Computers had taken the place of God. They were everything, and People were nothing! 

This was an Old Testament view of God, brought up-to-date technically. And the two did not mix very well. 

The Valley was full of Therapists, every kind. and a new kind was invented every month. I was part of a Men's group, where everyone worked in the Valley. Once a week we got together and told our Therapist about our problems. Everyone agreed that life was Hell, but the pay was good. 

I decided to get out, and I did a search to discover where to go to. Costa Rica was indicated, so I got on a plane going here. On the taxi from the airport, I could see the people here liked other people! I had found the right place, and I stayed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment