Saturday, July 25, 2020

The Drama at my Grocery Store

This is operated by a Chinese family, as many grocery stores are in Costa Rica. They speak Chinese (I'm not sure which one) and Spanish. They were the first store in town to wear masks. 

The in-store politics is lively and vicious. The work is simple: you scan each item purchased, which is immediately shown on the display, collect the money, and pay the refund - which is calculated for you. 

It's a stupid job, well-suited for a stupid, bur attractive young woman. 

Then a new store opened in town, which has lower prices. It has floor-to-ceiling merchandise, but only one person, at the checkout counter. I don't like the place, but many people do. 

I went back to my Chinese market, which has good customer service. 

No comments:

Post a Comment