Thursday, October 19, 2017

Better Logistics is Working for Me

These improved logistics have been made possible by the Computer and its Internet. And Amazon is at the center of this network.

Recently, I decided I had to have a Windows 10 laptop. So instead of shopping for one down here, in Costa Rica, where the prices are high - I shopped on Amazon - and found this. It was shipped to my address in Miami, in two days! My shipping service (Aeropost) will fly it to the nearest large town (Cartago) where I will pick it up next week.

Even the Tico post office is doing this - if I subscribe to their new Box service. I have to rent a post office box (which I already have) and let them use my credit card. I can then buy on the Internet, and ship my purchases to my mail box. It will route my purchases through Customs for me, and place them in a packages room, right next to the mailboxes. I will get a notice in my mailbox, that I will take to the package room - and get my package! But you have to be fluent in Spanish to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment