Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Do They Like People?

This is the primary question I asked myself, even before I was born. And the answer was, almost always "No." The people in Costa Rica, where I live now - would answer "Yes."

There were plenty of exceptions, in either case  - but the overall tendency was clear.

I read all kinds of things, maybe more than I should - but for me, the basic question is always the same "What is their attitude toward people?" And I continue to wonder why this question is not asked more frequently - instead of carefully avoiding it.

Let me speak of Costa Rica first. The Relationship between Men and Women here tends to be either Good or Bad. This is also true in the States - and may be an universal problem.

Women have often been treated badly. But in some places, such as the American Midwest, where I was brought up - they have overcompensated for this, and now rule the roost.

The society that evolved in the Affluent countries, in the 18th and 19th Centuries - were affluent because they knew how to make money, and how to mistreat people.

And how to ignore this mistreatment. They think they are the most loving people on earth - when they are just the apposite.

There has been a big shift in society's attitude toward people, recently - as Software became important. Software Developers know software is made by People - and that makes people important.

But they also know Business was made by People, and Business made bad Software. They have an ambivalent attitude toward People (they can be good or bad) - but a consistent attitude toward Software - it has to be good, and getting better all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment