Monday, October 30, 2017

Religion and Software

This is about the relationship between everyone and their world, that has gotten as bad as it can possibly get.

People have observed, correctly - that their world is not good for them. And they have set out to destroy it - in any way possible, and there are plenty of ways available to them.

This cannot be understood, unless something else is understood - the conscious mind and the unconscious mind. A distinction that most people today want to deny. They are certain that they are good, and other people are bad - and this contrast does not exist inside themselves.

They think they are much simpler than they really are - and resist, with all their strength, knowing more about themselves.

This, I think, summarizes the situation nicely. Mankind has reached a crisis, that it will survive - but in a greatly altered condition, that we cannot predict now.

One way of looking at this, is by looking at our latest technology - Software. And specifically, how it treats data. I have avoided this subject myself, regarding it as somewhat distasteful - but now I am being forced to look at it.

And being forced to recognize something we have always known - that there was ordinary reality, and something else - that manages this reality.

Another way of saying this, is that we are religious beings - acutely aware of of the spirits behind everything.

How on earth do we integrate religion and software? Frankly, I do not know - but I know it has to be done. Perhaps we could start with the attitude of programmers to their data. Something they are quite willing, even eager, to talk about - in front of the Internet cameras - that seem to be everywhere!

We live in a world that has become aware of itself. A vastly different world. That is sometimes called Artificial Intelligence (AI) or Machine Learning (ML).

As I set here, wearing my pajamas, in front of my Laptop, that is connected to the Internet. I am amazed by what I just wrote.

We have created another world, that is completely different from any of the other ones that we have created. And we don't know what to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment