Friday, October 20, 2017

The Influence of Society on the Individual

This has always been huge, and as a small child, I looked out on my world - and did like what I saw (or what I felt). But I was told "You must like it, anyway!"

I think my experience was common - people everywhere did not like their world, but were told they must like it anyway.

What did they do? All kinds of things, but basically they decided to sabotage it. If it was not going to be good to them, they were not going to be good to it. The result was internal warfare, between those who supported society and those opposed to it.

And this warfare could even go on inside a person - sometimes supporting society and sometimes opposing it. They knew they had to at least seem to support it - while working against it, in fact.

Just this morning ALPHABET IS TRYING TO REINVENT THE CITY, STARTING WITH TORONTO plopped into my inbox. These guys are ignoring one fact - people have feelings, and the want to feel they are wanted. This new city is not being made for them, but for the Information Economy.

They are not the same thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment