Sunday, October 8, 2017

The Biggest Success Story of All Time

To be successful - don't be! And by this standard - Americans are the most successful people of all time.

I now live in Latin America - because living here, is like going back in time, to before the Industrial Revolution. This gave us some huge advantages - the laptop I am using to write this, for example. But also some huge disadvantages - up North, we stopped being! And they are not aware of this, at all.

We now live in a divided world - the Industrial World and the Computer World. The first (the Industrial World) is not aware of the second one at all. The second has some awareness of the first - because it is embedded in it, and always will be.

I am studying Software Development - an amazing development in its own right. But I am I uncomfortable being there - because I can also see the larger world it is part of. I would be more comfortable there if it realized (as it sometimes does) its organizational deficiencies.

I will be more explicit. I am studying Angular, a better way to make a user interface. I was using WebStorm, an IDE that supports Javascript (also for the user interface). It claims to support Angular also, but doesn't. Then I discovered the Angular IDE, by another company, that seems to be doing this better.

My studies, (1) helped me discover what I was interested in. and (2) by making me better at a technology that I am interested in, is also making me better - as a person!

Becoming yourself is hard work - but this is the biggest success story of all time.

The following was added later.

The whole Angular thing (whatever you want to call it) is not working very well - and must be redone, to clean everything up. This is not unusual - many software products are buggy, and badly in need of improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment