Thursday, September 20, 2018

How Software become Important

This took awhile, about 30 years, from 1980-2010 - when finally people realized its importance. Because it was running their lives.

People were not too bright here. Their world was changing around them - but they refused to notice this.

This change was made possible by huge advances in Computer Hardware. We went from the Vacuum Tube to Solid State and Integrated Circuits in only a few years. Digital processing replaced Analog.

And people sat in the middle of all this, and noticed nothing. They were in shock, but did not realize this either.

I can say what I have just said, in 2018, looking back at it, while I sit in my pajamas, in from of my Laptop, with a fast Internet connection.

But at the time, I was almost as confused as everyone else. Except I was determined to figure things out. Few people were.

No comments:

Post a Comment