Tuesday, September 18, 2018

They Resent Email

I just finished my morning's email, in a minute or so, using my laptop, and didn't find it it a bother. It was just mail, in a new, more flexible format.

But many people, I am sure, feel differently about it. And seem to feel, it intrudes on their private lives.

That's just a guess, but when you are faced with behavior that makes no sense, you have to do some guessing. What I do know, is that different people, have very different attitudes toward the email that they get. Sometimes, they can assign it to the trash, without giving it a further thought.

When you happen to be the person who sent it, this does not strike you as a friendly gesture.

I have a cousin, the oldest daughter of my father's sister - who throughout her life, refused to use a computer. This would have been too much of a change for her, and she did not want to make it.

The Computer has made a big change, That most people do not understand - and do not want to understand.

We are stuck between two worlds, not living fully in either one.

No comments:

Post a Comment