Monday, September 17, 2018

Soccer Mom Hate

Medium

This is something I had to think about for awhile. I had to stop and give my eyes a rest, several times - because the text was getting blurry.

She knows what she is talking about - I don't doubt that for a minute. But she is not speaking of my Mother - who was a Midwestern Mom. A common type that no one is writing about, because the subject is so unpleasant. I'm not particularly anxious to write about it myself. But for reasons that are not clear to me - I will.

A Midwestern Mom is simple to describe - she is simply the worst. For her husband, and her children. Her husband dies before she does - often much earlier. And her children live in a state of unconscious terror, all their lives. They will insist, either their mother was perfect - or refuse to talk about her at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment