Saturday, May 26, 2018

My New Windows 10 Laptop

Has this been a hassle!

I ordered a refurbished laptop from Amazon, and it was delivered to Miami. I use aeropost to fly my packages to Costa Rica - and they have recently have said I could import packages duty free - $600, every 6 months! So I gave this a try. Big mistake!

I had to take my laptop to their office in Cartago (the nearest large town) - so they could print all the forms, necessary to do this (why they could not use their laptops to do this, I have no idea). Then I get a notice from saying $60 has been charged to my credit card. The standard charge is 13% of the price, which was $286! Then a get a notice saying the laptop is available to be picked up in Cartago.

I get back on the bus to Cartago, a one hour ride - and get the laptop, packaged in a large box. But it has started to rain, and when it rains there, the streets turn into rivers. My taxi takes me to the bus stop, going back to Orosi, and I wade through ankle-deep water to get on the bus.

I take it home, and install it. It asks me for my email password, when what it really wants is my Windows password! But I do get it working - only to find Windows is not authorized on it! I complained to Amazon - but so far, no answer.

I installed the Chrome browser, but it keeps losing some of its tabs. Something is wrong there.

No comments:

Post a Comment